Saturday, September 20, 2008

I am Legend

Vish / Suman and I went to restaurant for having dinner .. this is the first time Vish has met us after his marriage… seems happy J

As you know when Suman is present I and Vish have to be quite .. (and offcourse not argue) …this applies to whom so ever reading this.. I hope you all agree with me..

Suman started the conversation and said today I and Madi.. went to AXIS bank… the relation ship officer issued us a loose cheque for 2 lakhs!!! When we asked for 2 thousand !!! these bankers don’t do their job seriously … I asked for 2k he gave me 2 lakhs.. only “I” will be able to save these banks ..this is the reason why our banking sector is not doing good.. we shud cut salary for such employees ….banks need me …… etc……etc………etc………….

“Vish” was surprised.. his face tells the story.. how is this possible .. something shud have happened .. it cant be like the way he explained …..and yes that is not the way things went on in the bank.. luckily I was also there in the bank.. J J J

What happened???

It was Saturday and I called up Suman to tell him that I am coming down to his office and we can go to bank from there…Since it was Saturday I knew banks close around 1 or 2 ish…. I went to his office (not Maytas office) and both of them started walking down to branch…I didn’t carry the cash hoping to find an ICICI or HDFC ATM, to my bad luck there was no ATM around… Suman said that he can take out money from the AXIS bank ATM for me ….. 2 ATM both are not operating L

Security guard told us to check the ATM at the first floor … even that is out of cash L

Now Suman has woken up….he said let me take control….i will take this up with the bank … he went to personal officer and said all ATM’s are out of cash and I need money… so the officer told to walk to another counter and meet some other person…who will issue a loose cheque to encash……………………………………………..

We went there and told him that we want loose cheque, so he gave us a form and asked the servant to get a Xerox of Suman’s ID card…I started filling up the form.. now for our valuable resource Suman time is getting wasted while I am filling the form.. So he decided to ask some questions…

Suman: Mr. X tell me something… what if I want to change my salary a/c to a normal saving a/c
Mr. X: Sir, its simple use the same form and place a request
Suman: ok, so since its going to be normal saving a/c do I need to maintain any balance
Mr. X: Yes Sir, you have to maintain 5000/- minimum balance
Suman: No ..suppose I have 2 lakhs (remember this amount) in my a/c I take out 1.5 lakh and again I take out 48 K
Suman: again immediately I add 10k .. will this be considered as maintaining minimum balance?
Mr. X: (with a question mark on his face) Sir, you have to maintain an average balance of 5000/- otherwise you will have to pay the fine
Suman: ok, if I have 10,000 in my a/c and take out 8,000 and add 4,000 in the same day… will it be fine?
Mr. X: (going mad now) Sir, at any point of time, you have to maintain a minimum balance of 5000/-

Well, I can understand Mr. X position…so I was quickly filling up the form…..while Mr. X. was FACING Suman, he started filling the cheque and by the time I completed filling up the form he also seemed to be finish with his cheque…

From a little distance I can see there are only 2 words written at the line Pay……………… I thought there should be at least 3 words.. so once he gave the cheque to Suman we went to stand in the line…and I took cheque from Suman … to my utter horror ….i couldn’t believe what amount he has written in the cheque..instead of writing “Two Thousand Only” he has written “Two Lakhs”

Well..after working for so many years for the bank he has even forgotten to write “Only” after “Two Lakhs” …. And needless to say why he has written ..”Two Lakhs” instead of “Two Thousand” …just remember I told you to remember something when Mr X is FACING Suman

We went back to show him the cheque and he was stunned to see what he has written…he was not able to figure out what he did… Only I know he was in the vicious circle of Morpheus …ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Well even though we cannot accept we are forced to accept every time that this guy is a legend in his own way … I am sure Mr X took leave for a week !!!!

While all this happened it seems Suman felt that there is nothing wrong he did…very strange … J J J

No comments: